Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July! My Final AI Blog Hop

Well today is bittersweet for me. I so look forward to our Artful INKables blog hops, but knowing this is my last one makes me sad : ( I have so enjoyed my time with AI and the other INK Girls! Kristin, you are fabulous, and I have LOVED working with your amazing images!!! Ok, on to the hop! Hopefully you came here from Velta's blog, but if not then start at the beginning which is Kristin's blog : ) We are showing off some oldies but goodies this month, and I had the chance to work with this beautiful Christmas set called Peaceful Wishes.

For this first card, I stamped both of the reindeer with Chocolate Chip onto Very Vanilla. I layered that onto Mellow Moss. The dp is from Basic Grey Wassail. This is a fairly large card at 5 1/2" square but I wanted to include all of the images from the set : ) Don't you just love the little pinecone and poinsettia images on the bottom? Just gorgeous! I popped all the image panels onto Dimensionals, and added a zigzag stitch around both of the dp panels.
For my second card, I stamped the reindeer with Chocolate Chip once again. I just love how that looks : ) I used some old SU Ski Slope DSP. I used my Top Note Die to cut out the striped panel, and added a straight stitch around the Baja Breeze dp panel. Am I the only one missing Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss already??? I added some paper piercing around the Nestabilities Oval and punched the sentiment out with my SU Oval Punches. That's it for me! Now hop on over to Holly's blog to see what she has in store, but don't stop there because a random commenter will be chosen to win a set and charm of their choice! Thank you so much for stopping by : )

Kerri



18 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous cards!! Wowwy! Great job with this set! Love them!

Dawn said...

just BEautiful Kerri!!

Velta said...

Oh Kerri ~ I love this set...You knew exactly how to make these images look their very best!!! Both cards are equally beautiful!!

Crystal said...

WOW Kerri what BEAUTIFUL Christmas cards...love the way you showed off this set, oooooo think its on my list now....Wonderful colors and details on both cards...Gorgeous girl!

Jenny said...

Both cards are stunning!!

LorettaL said...

Kerri - I love them! I really like this set too!!! ;)

Elena said...

Kerri, your cards are always inspire me! Stunning Christmas cards! Love them both!

Joanne Travis said...

Both of these are so gorgeous I don't know which I like better. Beautiful work, as always! I've loved working with you on the AI team, let's make sure to keep in touch.

Julie Ranae said...

You're style is very much my style...Fabulous work!

Cheryl said...

Wow Kerri, both are ab-fab! The colors, those stamps....just so pretty!

Cathy Rulli said...

great holiday cards! It was great working with you!

TT said...

I love the twin deer! Although I am having a great summer. These make me anxious for Xmas now.

Stampin_melissa said...

Oohh, how gorgeous! Love the colors and design of the first card!

Tami Grandi said...

both of these cards are GORGEOUS! I love them!

Rebecca said...

You always make such gorgeous cards! I love looking here for inspiration. I'm scared seeing Christmas cards already, because I will never have mine ready in time.

Jess said...

Such stunning beautiful cards! That reindeer is so elegant!

carpediem said...

The images in this set are beautiful! Great job!

Barbara said...

Love the colors of these cards. I miss Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss too!

Follow Us @soratemplates